Special Educational Needs and Disabilities
Sharnbrook Primary is supported by Bedford Borough to ensure that all pupils, regardless of their specific needs, make the best possible progress in school.
We aim to be as inclusive as possible, with the needs of pupils with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities being met in our mainstream setting wherever possible.
- Social, Emotional & Wellbeing Resources (click here to view)
- SEND Information Report (click here to view)
- Sharnbrook Primary Local Offer (click here to view)
- Bedford Borough Council Local Offer Directory (click here to view)
- Bedford Local Offer Poster (click here to view)
- SEND Policy (click here to view)
- Young Persons Guide to the Children & Families Act 2014 (click here to view)
- SEND Graduated Response 2020-21 (click here to view)
- Bedford Borough Council's SEND Support & Provision Guidance (click here to view)
- Makaton Signing Programme - Year 1 (click here to view)
If you would like more information please do not hesitate to contact the school.
Bedford Borough SEND 'Virtual Team'
The Bedford Borough Send 'Virtual Team' means children and young people with SEND, parent carers and anyone who works with children and young people with SEND. We all need to work together to ensure children & young people achieve "the best possible educational and other outcomes". The Virtual Team issue newsletters on a regular basis.
Information for Parents/Carers
- CHUMS - School Transition Workshop
This workshop is aimed at children and families who will be changing schools in September 2021.
Transitioning from Primary to Secondary School – A one-off psychoeducation workshop aimed at parents and children to attend together who are transitioning schools in the change from Year 6 to 7. This workshop provides anxiety / low mood strategies based on guided self-help to help children with transition to new schools. Dates are as follows:
- Wednesday 18th August at 5-7pm
- Tuesday 31st August at 9.30-11.30am
In order to access the transition workshop please click here to download the registration form, and return to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating the date you wish to attend the transition workshop.
- CAMHS - Eating Disorder Presentation - Tuesday 11th May 2021
- Autism Bedfordshire Workshop - First steps to Supporting a Child with ASC - Evening Session 25th May
- Bedford Borough's "SEND Matters" newsletter - Please click here to read the latest edition. It is filled with lots of useful information as well as ideas for activities over the Easter Holidays.
- Bedford Borough - Summer of SEND
- Bedford Borough Parent Carer's Forum - Final Summer Term Events
- Bedford Borough's Early Help Offer - Triple P Workshop - Please click here for the latest flyer advertising the parenting courses available during the summer term.